Wednesday, May 24th, 2017

Coworkers Profile on an Online Dating Service

(Online Dating Newsletter – You Make the Call) While browsing profiles, you find one from a coworker of the opposite gender. What do you do? Ignore it, say something to the coworker, try to get a date?  You make the call…

How to Answer
Use the Comments section below to give your answer to this question or send your answer to jtracy@onlinedatingnewsletter.com. The best answer will be featured in the next issue of the Online Dating Newsletter and that person will win $5 payable via PayPal!

Comments

10 Responses to “Coworkers Profile on an Online Dating Service”
  1. Barbara says:

If the coworker were someone that I had secretly admired, I would reply via the online dating service and let the fun begin. Who knows, it could lead to a fantastic relationship. If it were a coworker I didn’t like, I’d ignore it. I most certainly wouldn’t mention it; a persons private life is their own affair and none of my business.

2. Noel says:

For one, I’ll try not to tease her about it. People have too many hang-ups about online dating as it is – I don’t need to make fun of her for trying to find love through it.

If I use the service often, I’d probably say a word about it. Maybe we can help each other use it to better. I’d definitely not ask her, though – I consider co-workers off-limits!

3. falguni1 says:

The first thing that comes to my mind is that if you see your coworkers profile on a particular dating site, there are chances she is too going to see your profile there. How are you going to hide yourself?

And if you were just browing the site and have not yet registered with the site, what where you doing at a dating site. There are high chances of you being teased than you teasing her.

4. Ashley says:

That’s a hard one because mixing business with pleasure is trouble with a capitol T. I would let it go. If your friends then I would joke about it only once and then never again. Beating a dead horse is awful. But if you are interested in the profile of the co worker and if you think they are interested too, then I would say something or email them via the site but not at work.

5. Krish says:

I would call this as a tricky question and my answer depends on the specific coworker and how healthy is our relationship as colleagues at the Office. As the other member commented here, if I had secretly admired her I would try to build an online relationship with her and then “spill the beans” which I believe would be a real fun.

6. Kim says:

It would depend on who the coworker was. If I didn’t like them I may print it out and post it in the restroom. If I did like them then I would probably tease them a little bit about it.

7. Rhonda says:

I actually did come across a co-worker’s profile at a dating site. I wasn’t in the least bit attracted to him so I just asked if he was having any luck with the site. He had only made friends but said he liked the site. It wasn’t awkward for either of us.

8. Lori says:

I would leave this alone unless you were on speaking and a personal term with the coworker. It can be easily to embarrass someone in this situation, therefore it is important to act tactfully. If you are into your coworker however, that is a different story, send him or her a message.

9. wilkinson says:

If you did ever hook up and start dating with your co worker, then things could get really tricky. Unless you end up in a full scale relationship with this person, odds are one party lost interest and the relationship ended. This could have been some harmless fun but now that it has come to an end, the whole work situation could prove to be very awkward. I have had one experience like this where I lost interest in a co-worker and then ended up leaving my job because I always felt bad seeing them from then on.

10. Anon says:

This actually happened to me – I joined an online dating site after a friend convinced me to do it – I’d gone through a rough patch with a guy and had just moved to a new city where I didn’t know anyone. My work hours tend to be unpredictable and crazy, leaving me with very little time/energy to go out and meet anyone + I had my family pressuring me to find someone and settle down, so I figured this online dating thing would be convenient and fun.

I had been on it for a litle over a year and went on some dates, but I only found 1 person that I clicked with through that that and it ended up not working out, leaving me feeling pretty awful. We had talked for pretty much that entire year and as it was long distance, he said he didn’t want to take things further. In the meantime, for about a month, my 2 co-workers (both guys) had been teasing me about being on an online dating site, but I was never sure if they knew and I figured if they did, then they were on it too so it wouldn’t make a difference. A couple days after thing went south when the one guy I clicked with, that Friday I got an e-mail on the online dating site from one of the co-workers. I knew it was him b/c of the thing he said in it, and when I clicked on the profile, it was deleted. I felt like my privacy had been intruded on, I’d been the object of their joke and I felt like I had been slapped in the face. I deleted my profile and went into depression (due to work pressures, family pressures, and my own internal doubts and lack of self-worth – the co-workers little prank was just icing on the cake.) I am trying to get some help counseling now and keep afloat.