Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017

First Date Body Language

(Online Dating Newsletter – Dating Advice) Dear Dating Advice,

What should I look for on a first date as far as body language to determine if the date is successful or not?

There are a lot of great things you can look for to help determine if your date is having a good time or not.

Good Things

– Leans forward

– Makes eye contact

– Smiles

– Keeps arms in an open position

– May briefly touch you while talking

Bad Things

– Arms crossed

– Looks around (or down) a lot

– Doesn’t make eye contact

– Consistent half-smiles or grins

– Closed legs with feet pointing in

If you sense bad body language from your date, you may be doing something wrong that is lowering your attraction value.  The usual culprit is a person talking too much about himself or herself. You can change this by focusing yoru conversation on the other person and their likes and dislikes. If you run into a lot of bad dates, you really need to take a closer look at yourself and how to improve your confidence, your body language, your likeability, and your looks. This is all things we will regularly be discussing with the weekly Online Dating Newsletter.

For further study, here are some links to articles from Online Dating Magazine about body language:

> Body Language and Physical Attraction
> Body Language Speaks Volumes
> Body Language on a First Date

About Dear Dating Advice
Dear Dating Advice is a weekly column. If you have a question for Dear Dating Advice then send it to jtracy@onlinedatingnewsletter.com with “Dear Dating Advice” in the subject header.

Comments

7 Responses to “First Date Body Language”
  1. Marg says:

I found that people, today, do not want to take the time to actually have fun and make the dating process fun/successful/rewarding. I believe that we are so bogged down and obsessed with rules, preference lists, likes and dislikes, and ourselves, our busy lives that we have lost touch with what dating and meeting people is about.

2. falguni1 says:

I usually think that people ignore the way they make gestures but carefully observe other people’s body language.

What they tend to realize is that body language speaks much louder than words, so be careful with your gestures..

3. Noel says:

“The usual culprit is a person talking too much about himself or herself”

I agree with this. In fact, it’s a safe bet to keep relatively low-key during first dates. The other person won’t go out with you, anyway, if they didn’t at least moderately like you. Just let things naturally flow, don’t force anything and you should be fine.

4. Krish says:

Thanks for sharing the tips on sensing the body language of your date. In fact Dating is not only about talking about you but also to learn the feelings of your counterpart. In such a scenario, body language is helpful to know if the counterpart is comfortable in speaking with you.

5. Kim says:

One thing that I know I do when I am not interested in someone is I try to put as much distance between myself and them as I can. I never realized this until I caught myself squirming away from a date once by putting every object I could between us.

6. Rhonda says:

People can lie but body language is almost always dead on, kind of like that little 6th sense we all seem to have at times. If something seems off, don’t ignore it.

7. Right says:

One important thing to always keep in mind is to have positive attitude. The rest will all follow on its own!

Always be optimistic and have good views of the person you intend to date. Do not have pre-conceived ideas about your partner even before meeting her. Go with an open mind and I am sure your body will give out correct signals if you have a positive frame of mind.

Just go out to have fun and be fun!